Saturday, November 15, 2008

Excited!

I have butterflies. My heart is racing. That's right...that's what fabric does to me. I've been waiting, waiting, waiting for one of my favorite designers to release images of her Spring 2009 line. I LOVED her spring line a couple years ago and bought tons of the fabric and made quilts, lots of them, like five of them. Unfortunately, I'm no longer able to get that fabric. You see, the fabric companies print a line and sell it. When it's gone, it's gone. That's all she wrote.

I was so disappointed that I couldn't do a bedroom set in those fabrics. They are long gone. I wait and wait for her spring line to come out every year and I have to have a reason to use it! Okay, back on track.

This new line is so cute. It's pretty vibrant and the colors are, well, not traditional for a bedroom. I was a little worried about it. So, I called my Mom. If I ever have doubts about home decor or clothes, I run it by my Mom. We have similar taste. I am a little more brave, though. That's beside the point. Get to the point, Nicole. She approved! She thinks it's darling! I was surprised. I thought she would think it was too...different. She doesn't love one of the colors, but I expected that. But, she thinks that once it's mixed in with all the other colors, it will be cute. It's the same color that I was worried about, but I think when it's all put together, it will be darling and it adds a little pizazz(as if the bright colors don't already do that). Plus, it's one of the hot, new colors and I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of it the next couple of years. It will grow on my quickly. Heck, it already has. I love it.

Now I have a couple more dilemmas. Like, I've got to keep my eye out for coordinating accessories, they could be hard to find. Hobby Lobby, here we come.

And, oh, the possibilities! The creative wheels are turning so fast, my brain can't keep up with itself. My head is spinning. Pillows, quilts, sheets, throws, bed skirts, on, and on, and on.

I can't wait to get my hands on that fabric. I have to wait until March 2009. I'm going to call on Monday and find out when the pre-order starts.

It's not a good thing that I have so much time to design, plan, create. I can get out of control! Oh, this bedroom is going to be to die for! Don't overdo it, Nicole. Breathe!

Okay, I'm back.

I'll post little sneak peeks as I design and plan this vibrant, colorful, new pad!

It's going to be so much fun. I haven't been this excited about fabric in a long time!

No comments: